Ongoing urinary problems, what to do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I am looking for advice or reassurance about a urine problem that has been ongoing for few weeks now. First of all i noticed a pain in my kidney area in the mornings and my pee had an unusual smell to it, kind of sweet'ish? I made nothing out of it, i just blamed it on the cold weather but the pain around my kidney (lower back but also radiating to the front right side of my stomach) has became constant. So out of interest and for my peace of mind about two weeks ago i checked my pee with a dipstick and it showed white blood cells and proteins so i went to my gp. They didn't say much, they just seemed more curious why i had a dipstick in my flat but they asked for a sample, which i gave them. They never got back to me but the problem has been ongoing and today i checked my pee again and it still show white blood cells, proteins and now also blood. I am not quite sure what to do, its really hard to get through to my gp and also i don't want them to think that i am a hypochondriac because i have a dipstick or something like that but the whole situation is worrying me. Also apart from that i have been suffering from unexplained iron deficiency for four years now and i lost a bit of weight in the past eight months (about two stone) and to be honest i am feeling quite worn off with it all and i would like to have some explanation or even an idea of what going on. What can be the problem? Should i go back to my gp anyway? I am sorry for writing so much and thank you for any help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i don't have diabetes, but i have had a pet rat who developed temporary diabetes due to extended corticosteroid therapy. his symptoms were weight loss, sweet smelling urine, and lethargy; all things you mentioned you have developed. as it turns out, diabetes in rats presents very similar symptoms to diabetes in humans. i'd see a doctor asap, and i hope you find relief soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.