Online counseling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone know of free online counseling? I have come across a few companies but they all charge. Unfortunately I can't afford to pay at the moment and I can't bring myself to go to the doctor and talk to someone face to face...

Thanks for your time

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I've just started something called Silvercloud. It's an online CBT course for depression and anxiety. ( and it's free ! )I think it may be specifically for the area I live in ,but I'm sure a lot of other areas have something the same or similar. I used self- referral for our local (NHS ),DAS (Depression and Anxiety

Service )

Good luck !

• Posted

hi,

unfortunately silver cloud is not available in my area... i live in wales and it seems that self referral is not available either. it seems so hard to get help, it makes me feel like its not worth it.

thanks for your help anyway

• Posted

Hi I would be interest i your group

• Posted

if you have a self referral, NHS anxiety and depression service,contact them and ask about it.I live in Torbay , Devon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.