Only 16..?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My whole life I have noticed a few odd problems from time to time. Next to that, well receiving medical training (through a program- because I am interested in that for the future.) I was told by the certified nurse that I should seek and look into a pace maker or A1c.

She told me this because very randomly I get the most discombobulating dizziness- very quickly comes on for almost no reason seemingly. Next to just that... I have never been able to take hot showers because I WILL pass out. And on only 2 occasions I have passed out immediately after a sporting event. (I am fairly active and run a 1-3 miles daily and participate in track at my school.) I also tend to experience breathlessness when I am laying down and I feel like my heart is in my brain during that.

No one in my family is listening to this, and I just wanted to make sure that these issues CAN wait to be looked into or if I should be extremely urgent with these thing, and what may be happening to me. Please help...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This is something you should try to get checked immediately. I have been to 3 cardiologists In the last 4 months. Thankfully, they say nothing is wrong but they said that undiagnosed heart conditions are the #1 cause of death In teenage athletes. 

Do you have an abnormal heart rhythm or any history of heart disease in your family? 

• Posted

At times I feel as though my heart skips, or stops or speeds up. But no heart problems in the family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.