Only ONE Amlodipine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am glad this medicine works for some, for me, quite the opposite.  Took only ONE Amlodipine on Monday morning.  It was the low 2.5mg dose.  Progressed through the day fine.  Fell asleep that same night and was awaked at 3am with the worst anxiety and panic I have ever experienced.  I immediately discontinued the medicine.  Ever since Monday, every night I have been experiencing the same effect.  Obviously my blood pressure is up.  It's now Thursday evening and I haven't slept more than 3 hours each night.  I am wondering how long this will continue.  I know it has quite the half life but I only took one 2.5mg.  Feeling distant, dizzy, and very tight in the chest.  Experiencing flushing, cold chills, and diarhhea as well.  I am hoping this will come to an end soon.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi prfxshn, wow, you are experiencing a very strong reaction and very quickly. It took some time for me but I began on 1.25.  I wished that I had realized it was the Amlodipine sooner as I would not ended up in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack.

When I stopped taking it, it took about three or four days for most side effects to subside. As most will say, everyone is different so it may take longer.  Exercising and lots of fluids helped to flush it out of my system. 

Hope me you are feeling better very soon. 

• Posted

I'm pretty sensitive to many medcations.  Hopefully things will slow down a bit in a few days.  Definately drinking up the water.  Thanks for the reply!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.