Only one embryo

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I’ve just completed my first cycle of IVF. Only one embryo made it to day 5. Currently waiting on PGS results. This is our one chance and I feel so hopeless. Looking for success stories to cheer me up!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been in your shoes with both of IVF rounds and had only one embryo sent to testing each time. My first embryo was normal and my second was abnormal.

However, we just transferred our normal embryo this month and we are pregnant!

• Posted

Hi. Don't worry, try to stay positive 🙏

It’s a common practice in my clinic to do mixed transfers (using my eggs and donor’s eggs at the same time). After the first transfer with my own eggs and my husband’s sperm (we had only one embryo made) we were suggested to try a mixed transfer. It was fair enough because my egg quality is obviously pretty poor … I think it can be a good option for you. You will not know which embryo has implanted until you do the DNA test.

• Posted

So you and a donor are undergoing stimulation at the same time? If your embryos do not develop well, in this case will only embryos on donor eggs be used? It is quite convenient, kinda guarantee of not cancelling the round. May I know how much does a mixed round cost?

• Posted

Well, it depends on the number of attempts. My program includes 5 tries and costs 15 000 euros.

• Posted

Ladies thank you so much. I pray for best😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.