Only one of my index fingers is crooked but why?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I somehow managed to have a very crooked or curved index finger for no reason at all. Couple of months ago it was straight like my right index finger currently, but now the tip of my finger bends at the middle finger, which causes my index finger to tuck in very tightly when I make a fist & it hurts really badly. I also cant point that well due to the finger smacking the side of my middle finger if i want to put the finger next to it in almost a fist like formation. The more I try to use it, the more it hurts. I never severely injured or broke it ever in my life. How did this hsppen & why is it only just this finger. It sounds like arthritis but I'm only 19 & arthritis attacks all fingers. So what the actual heck happened to my left index finger. I'm gonna have to go to a doctor am I!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.