Onset of Fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, im Sarah, recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Im hoping some of you can describe what onset of symptoms was like for you? I think i was have the onset of symptoms up to a year before my first big flare up.. does that sound plausible? Then it hit quite suddenly....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah, It's totally plausible that symptoms started some time before a flare up. This condition is pretty insidious, I realise now I had it for YEARS and YEARS before I got any sort of diagnosis. If you think back, you may have a had the flu, or a really bad cold, or maybe even something like Chickenpox which really debilitated you, this will have been the trigger. Currently my advice is to start taking concentrated Turmeric as this really helps with inflammation.

• Posted

Thanks Lesley, i think perhaps prolonged stress eas the main cause.. although i was diagnosed with PASH and fibrocystic breast disease last year and this year respectively... i love turmeric 😊 my doc says i have no markers for inflamation, in my blood?

• Posted

Perhaps i could cure the fibro with a trip to the bahamas? Id settle for canadasmile
  • Posted

I tried South America, India, Europe -all helped while I was away, but as soon as I get back to doing anything physical, pain flares up more. My ideal life would be lazing in a hammock under a palm tree reading a good book -for ever.

​My F started with occupational overuse/writers cramp. 

​Had some time off work, got treatment, got fit, went on holiday before returning to work. Went on a bike ride - every muscle in my legs was in agony afterwards, next day I felt incredibly unwell, I had fevers, massive chills, and all physical activity since then creates pain. Some days I could walk half an hour, other days I could only manage 10 minutes at a time. ( previously was doing 2 hours a day easily - never pushing myself)

​I did have what they thought was Glandular Fever months before my major flare up, which did come on suddenly like yours.

​Take care of yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.