Ok folks its early days but here goes.

Ive had Chronic daily headache for 20 years, ive had everything from

Toparimate

Amatryptaline

Beta Blockers

Gabapentin

Pizotifen

Others

Methysurgide ( this worked but is no longer made )

My tablet of choice for an attack is Imigran ( sumatriptan) I take about 6 to 12 a month to cater for mainly the daily headache that debilitates me and can turn into a Migraine....

Anyway im now on my 5th Botox volly and this doesnt work either. so this is what ive found

My father came with me on Holiday this year hes 83 and has a volly of tablets, i was on a course of Gabapentin which had made me feel ill and spaced out, i was sat in the airport loking green and as always he said here take something i have to settle your stomach, The name of the drug was cimetidine

I took it didnt feel any better and the holiday commenced, over the 2 weeks i took various imigran but totally stopped Gabapentin.

anyway i still had the tablets he gave me in the cupboard, i recently went for my 5th Botox jab and i also had bad acid, due to imigran etc. so on my way home i took a Gaviscon which settled me down. On getting hom i remembered the tablets my dad gave me and popped one. I then spoke to him and asked what the normal dosage was its 3 times a day with meals..

Guess what in 5 days my head as been totally clear...........

2 things either its his tablets and everything for the past 20 years has been stomach related to something or her Botox jabs actaully hit a nerve thats needs hitting.....im with the tablets 

What ive also noticed is after ive eaten and feel tired i sometimes get one. or after breakfast...

So now im taking 1 in the morning 1 at lunch and 1 around 9PM but all i ca say is this is the first time outside of Methysurgide that my heads been free from the daily headache....

Ill keep you all updated as i progress this week and next.... but man ooo man what a find....

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I am just wondering how youare getting on as I was interested in your post regarding the Cimetidine as I felt my migraines were better when I was taking a dose of omeprazole for acid problems. Or have you had success with the Botox?

• Posted

not well, thanks for asking, Rachel.  I take omeprazole for nausea a  lot because I have acid reflux but havent notice any improvement.  My headaches are weather and pollution related so they are hard to control. I know I take too much Imitrex but I need to function...Botox makes the headaches less intense but it really hasnt helped. I have a friend who has these daily headaches too and she found an article about piercing a pressure point on your ear that is working for ppl. We are going to try it. You pierce the ear cartilege in a certain place. We figure it cant hurt may help.  Hopefully you are doing well.  Love JF
    • Posted

Ah thank you. Really struggling at the moment too and, like you, I am taking too much of the migraine med. (I take zomig). Weather isn't helping I don't think. Also interested in the piercing. Can't remember the last time I wasn't worried about a migraine coming so will do it if it helps others. Fingers crossed for you and take care :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.