Op cancelled for ovarian cyst removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi was wondering if anyone knows how long you have to wait for the hospital to give a date for surgery after they cancelled the first date. I have cyst on each ovary diagnosed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine wasn't cancelled but I had to wait 3 months. 

• Posted

Thanks for replying Jackie - it's year since the cysts were discovered by CT then in July last year I saw a consultant who said they would have to come out she said sometime within the next 4 months. The op was finally booked for May I went and had various tests and then signed the consent form only to be cancelled an hour later an d I'm still waiting. I'm in constant pain  my lower tummy is very swollen and was asked the other day "when's it due" that was the icing on the cake have rung hospital only to be told I'm on the list and the doctors are trying to slot me in . I don't know what to do next feel like I should just take myself to A &E and get them to help me that way.

• Posted

They never cancelled mine but i had to wait 2 months until mine
  • Posted

do you have a gynacologyst.. im sorry to hear the hospital cancelled your op you definatly need a second opinion i dont see why you should wait any longer do you have medication for the pain i hope so let me no how u get on you have the right to ask your gp 2 push your surgery further an ask why did they cancel best of luck let me know how u get on please big hug samantha d
  • Posted

Hi Julie, 

January 2017 I got diagnosed with a 5.5cm cyst on my ovary that was causing me a lot of pain and causing me to lose slight control of my bladder. After a year of taking painkillers to try and ward off the pain (which didnt help) I then got my operation date for december 27th 2017. I went in for my op all gowned up and it then got cancelled as I was low priority. I then got another date for the  beginning of feb 2018 where i was top of the list and got seen to straight away. I think it all depends on how serious other cases are, any complications in surgeries before you and what kind of priority they see you as. It can be very frustrating and in the time I was waiting for my operation my cyst had grown to the size of a grapefruit and i had a pelvic infection i didn't know about that left me with a lot of scar tissue that they had to remove. This made my surgery turn from 1 hour into 2 hours. 

Hold tight and I wish you the best of luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.