Op dates for hippies to be!

Posted , 29 users are following.

Morning all on this glorious Sunday morning,

I thought it might be a good idea if we had a thread of dates for everyone who is a hippie to be so that we can all think of them and send them our get well vibes on the day of their op. On reading through threads I keep finding people who post of their op dates but being spread all over its hard to keep track.

If it's a rubbish idea I am sorry and prepared to have my idea pooh poohed on.

Ali x

13 likes, 119 replies

119 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello ...I will be hopefully gloating by 25th as being then a POST op hippie.

I am having a diffiuclt evening but talking and reading this helps me still so much.

Good Luck for 25th..

​Alice ( ALi2)

• Posted

Hi Alice. How did you go? Are you gloating? Or still little groaning?

Keena

• Posted

Another one waiting for a date here, but am hoping to hear something within the next two weeks.  Will keep you informed of any progress x
  • Posted

Woohoo! This seems to working out well.

Keep them coming folks so we can cheer you all on and give encouragement and reassurance where we can.

Thanks everyone 😀

• Posted

Hi Ali what a thoughtful idea of yours, it will help us all to cope and prepare, mine is on the 19th of September 

take care Phil x

• Posted

I thought you were 16th Angela 😳

Have I got this completely wrong? 

• Posted

Hi Ali,

I seem to have lost the ability to count! Thanks for pointing out my error. Yes, I'm on the 16th.

• Posted

Phillip..tis over then now ...hope you are doing well.

​I came home to so many encouraging posts as did not take lap top and don't have ipad.

Keep checking the site.

ALi 2

• Posted

Hi Alice and Ali thanks for the kind thoughts and remembering me, had the surgery yesterday a 4. 30 went well, difficult night had epidural and mild sedation, had problems with vomiting today but now under control with ante sick injection, physio and OT went well this morning, if the x ray is ok I can go home in the morning, really nice to know you are all there, will catch up when home .Phil x
    • Posted

Hi Philip,

I'm glad it's all over and you seem to be doing a bit better now. I think I missed this one with it being in a Saturday. I did start a thread for you when I realised but you obviously haven't seen it.

I'm so sorry we missed wishing you good wishes before your op but I'm just pleased to see you out of the other side and seeming to be doing well.

Come back and give us some more details and keep us up to date with your continued good recovery.

Take care.

Ali xx

• Posted

Thanks Ali, it is funny even at this early stage some of the tips and guides seen in the forum have helped especially with the physio and confidence with the staff for pain meds. X Phil
    • Posted

dear Philip -

Good !!!

welcome to this side ... Are you ready to be discharged today?   

this forum is priceless ... 

so much support and love out here for you

warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.