Op due in 3 weeks & scared stiff!!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, have been suffering with acid problems for over 7 years now and am booked in for Op on 6th November....I am scared stiff.

If theres anyone out there thats waiting for op or post op would love to hear from you. smile

Bye for now

Mandy

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You never said if it was keyhole or open surgery. I presume it is keyhole, you will be absolutely fine.

I had mine about 6 six years ago and the pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Best of luck.

Susan

• Posted

Hi, Thank you for your reply, its keyhole i'm booked in for. How long was it before you could eat properly again? the consultants said I will be on fluids for a while until swelling goes down a bit.

Can I ask how things are now with you and are you pleased you had it done?

Thanks again

mandy

• Posted

You will be on soft food for about a month (scrambled egg, porridge etc) once there are no more problems then you will be able to graduate to solid food. You might have to remain on smaller portions for a while.

Was off work for about 3 weeks and the pain wasn't too bad, the scars healed up very quickly.

Mine was slightly complicated and was back on the medication after 8 months of the surgery but had no real problems till about 6 years later when the surgery had to be repeated, which was done just over a month ago and am still recuperating since mine had to be open surgery this time.

Wish you all the best and will be thinking of you on the 6/11.

Take care

Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Glad your on the mend, youv'e been through alot. I will let you know how I get on post op.

Thanks again for replying its nice to get some info from people who have had it done and not just the consultants version of events!!

Speak soon

Mandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.