Op getting close

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

My op is getting close now and the nerves are kicking in. It 12 days and counting down, I really want this to be over,every time I think of it I feel sick.Anyone out there having their op the same day I would love to chat with.

Karen x

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My lapraotomy is next Friday. I am anxious but at the same time want them to take it out, have a look, and let me know that it's not cancer (they think it's a dermoid at the moment). Where are you having your surgery? 

• Posted

Hi ananh

Mine is in barnstaple hospital, we're are you. Have to say I'm feeling sick most of the time now . Keep in touch and let me know how you get on so is that the 8th you have it done?

Take care karen xx

• Posted

I just had my operation a week ago and I was very scared. I was going to back out at last minute but everyone convinced me to go ahead with it and I'm glad I did. First 3 days were painful but as each day goes by I feel better. My right ovary carried a 15.5 lb. cyst and they went ahead and took the other because it was the size of a softball. My stomach has gone down a lot!

• Posted

I was actually cut straight down my stomach due to the size
    • Posted

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you're in recovery! What's the diameter of your cyst?

• Posted

Im 4 days post op for laproscpopic 20cm cyst and full hysterectomy...I feel amazing no post op pain...needed no pain relief by day 2, unlike my open surgery 3 years ago...I hope it goes well for you...Im also an RN if you have questions smile
    • Posted

Hello kimikim

Your reply made me feel at ease, I can't stop still feeling anxious ,and I'm feeling naueous most of the time.I know it needs removing they are taking both overies and tubes along with the simple fluid filled cyst.iv iv been told I can have something to make me feel relaxed before going down, can you tell me sleepy? Would it be ok to message you with some questions .

Karen xx

• Posted

Hi Kim.                                                           I  really feel scared now, I know I'm being silly but I'm finding it hard  not to be  terrified. 3 days now and  , I'm trying to keep busy with work and when home the same. Goodness knows what I'm going to be like on Monday morning. As I have asked for something to relax me before I go down to theatre will it help me feel calm . How are you doing now , how long are you off work . Karenxx

• Posted

Sure feel free to contact me...it is daunting going into the theatre...but you wake up with what feels like 5 minutes ago...Iv had 4 anaesthtics this year...by the fourth one I wasn't even anxious and I am an anxious person...you can email me at ... smile

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.