Op in 2 weeks - Cannot wait!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So after being told I would be waiting months, I have my op date already for 2 weeks time.

Was diagnosed end of September, admitted again in October, pre assessment in November and op early December.

Hoping to be over the worst ready for Xmas

😃

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

good for you!im consulting with a surgeon tomorrow. are you here in the U.S. ? its taken quite about of time for them to get it out.Hope i can get in before Christmas. keep us updated on how it goes.👍

• Posted

hi.

I'm in the UK. It's actually quite quick for my area. I know some people that have waited years.

I can't wait!

• Posted

yes I've heard that it can take some time over there when it comes to Drs. good luck!

• Posted

just had my consult with the surgeon this morning.surgery is next week! can't wait to feel better!

• Posted

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you, but I've just noticed that you're about to have your gallbladder removed and I wanted to know your symptoms please.

I've been feeling unwell off and on for several months.

I've been having night sweats......back pain in my right shoulder area....( particularly after eating a fatty meal ...heartburn..... and i keep getting pain in my left arm muscle as if it's being given a "chinese burn"

I'm taking pantoprazole as my Dr thinks it's gastric reflux but I'd like to know if you've suffered from night sweats as this is never mentioned in the list of symptoms for gall stones .

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Jane, night sweating is because the ducts are being blocked and usually only comes of a night when you lay down as in the day time gravity keeps everything at the bottom of the GB out the way of the Ducts but when you lay down they move up to the neck of the GB where the duct is but you can also sweat when having an attack but for different reasons such as a stone getting stuck! Back pain right shoulder sounds like the Liver complaining. This, in Dr's defense, is why they overlook Gall Bladder because the Gall Bladder invokes other organs when ducts get blocked by stones or sludge.

My Consultant at hospital REFUSED to accept this was my Gall Bladder?!! Even though the CT scan said it had sludge. Which also was further exasperated by a Fatty Liver which is not good. We must remember the sweating is also associated with feeling sick. Gastro problems will also occur with Gall Bladder issues and more so if it is the Liver complaining, so I reckon you require some sort of scan to sort this out, CT or Ultrasound.

Don't know about Left Arm heat but I had Left Armpit pain which would move across the chest at times, very scary and again Heart burn is associated with Gastro and feeling like a Heart attack the Gall Bladder.

• Posted

Hi there,

Sorry to bother you, but I've just noticed that you're about to have your gallbladder removed and I wanted to know your symptoms please.

I've been feeling unwell off and on for several months.

I've been having night sweats......back pain in my right shoulder area....( particularly after eating a fatty meal ...heartburn..... and i keep getting pain in my left arm muscle as if it's being given a "chinese burn"

I'm taking pantoprazole as my Dr thinks it's gastric reflux but I'd like to know if you've suffered from night sweats as this is never mentioned in the list of symptoms for gall stones .

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thank you

• Posted

course not.

I only knew I had gall stones after having a severe attack and a blocked stone which resulted in Mr being hospitalised for four days.

The pain was in the centre of my ribs and under my right rib and in my back. I could not stand.

have had a few more attacks since but thankfully not as severe.

Doctor said I was an urgent case so op was booked quite quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.