Op referral

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have suffered with hs for about 15 years maybe longer I used to get lots of abscesses on my bottom but had an operation where they removed all the infected sinus tacks and I stopped getting them there. Now I get them in my armpit. I was wondering if anyone knows how I go about being referred to have a similar op on my armpit as what I had done on my bottom. Any help would be appreciated thanks Sarah

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah I get them on my groin I have had their going on for 25 years now not long diagnosed with it but I have been told about the surgery that there is a risk of it reappearing else where so I haven't went for the surgery ATM I am taking antibiotics with the hope that they will suppress them so that they don't get so pain full please look into the surgery option more as the risks are far greater than a cure for it good luck with what ever you decide is best for you

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. I now have a doctors appointment next week to discuss possible referral for op. What you said it true I had a op on my bottom to stop them and now I get them in my arm so I totally understand what your saying. I have the trouble where antibiotics don't work with me I get very ill taking them and they never help 😞. I won't rush into surgery but I think it's going to be the only thing to help its just such a horrible thing to suffer from as you well know as nothing ever really helps as such it just makes it a little bit easier.

• Posted

Omg I do hope that it works even if it's only for a few years any help with it as you know must feel great I am taking the antibiotics again after having to stop them as they made me ill to bit my doc says to try them again just till I see the dermatologist with the hope that he will suggest something a little better I am still wanting to take the chance on the surgery as I think in the long run it will be easier for me as I have a toddler to look after and maybe it will even stop them for a while good luck insist you well and hope you get some time without these horrible things 🙂

• Posted

Yea the op on my bum did work short term I think I went about a year maybe a little bit longer after having my op before I started getting them really bad again. I hope your appointment with dermatologist goes well fingers crossed there may be some help out there somewhere. I also understand how difficult it is suffering with hs when you have children I have a 9 and a 4 year old and it's a struggle when your in pain all the time. I have to say though just being able to talk to someone who's going through the same thing as me helps in a way good luck for the future 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.