Open abdominal myomectomy in three days, I'm terrified!

Posted , 8 users are following.

3 days until surgery, I'm so scared. Please help me get my mind right.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just had a fibroid removed today via hysteroscopy. I was really nervous as this is the second bash at this procedure, the first consultant said it was a polyp, found it was a fibroid and left it.  I have numerous fibroids but this is the one the new consultant thinks is the cause.  I asked why the first surgeon didn't remove it and was told he may not have had the tools. ????  I have had post menopausal bleeding for 2 years, althought the fibroid is small, it's location may be the cause of this bleeding as it is pressing on my bladder and bowel, combined with an 'excessively thin endometrium' and a big blood supply the consultant thought this was the best way forward.  It has been sent for histology but as the consultant said it is unlikely to be cancerous, but will let me know in about 4 weeks time.  I have been bleeding excessively since coming home, more than usual and getting through pads most of the day, but hope this will resolved.  It was a surgery after all.  All best wishes to you too.  Kind regards. Anne.

• Posted

It's been a week since surgery and the only real complaint is that my stomach feels .... heavy....why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.