Open hemorrhoidectomy 14 weeks ago and still bleeding after bm

Posted , 17 users are following.

In the last 2 years I've had 4 lots of surgery on my hemorrhoids, which include excision, banding, THD, more excisions and the last one in January was an open hemorrhoidectomy which has left 2 open wounds, at 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock. I saw my consultant just over 3 weeks ago, he said the 2 wounds are still open and are acting like fissures as there's not enough oxygen getting to the area to help it heal, so he prescribed me some diltiazem cream and told me to try that for 6 weeks then to go back to check the progress. My problem is, I've now been using the cream for over 3 weeks and still have a lot of pain and bleeding during and after bowel movements. I've even upped my intake of fruit, vegetables and water and I've also started exercising a lot more but nothing seems to be helping. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and if they found anything to ease the pain and bleeding? Also if nothing else helped then what their next option was? Thank you for listening.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the hemmoriodectomy with advancement flap done on Sept 11 2020 and still have problems!

• Edited

I am wondering if you ever started to recover? I had my surgery exactly one month ago. I am still bleeding and still have swelling. I'm starting to wonder if this was a mistake 🤔.

• Posted

are u fully recivered?. i got same symptom like u. i wanna know about your experience and time for recovery. please reply me.i was opreated last 3 months and still pain and bleedind during bw.

• Edited

Hi its day 9 for me and ive started bleeding again im regretting surgery 🥺

• Posted

me too. i regretted for surgery. i was operated last three months. 😞😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.