open hystrectomy,with cancer removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it normal for me to need to run pee every 2 hours after open hysterectomy with cancer removal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think everyone is different most likely, but that is not my experience. I do have to go more urgently than before sometimes, but not more frequently. Might be something that passes with time.
  • Posted

Hi, Mary, yes, I think it is.  They fill you with fluids for the operation.  I had to pee every 2 hours for the first few days afterwards.  
    • Posted

Took me a while before I could pee. It did go quite a bit early on and peed blue they put some die in my bladder making sure things were working I'm 9 weeks post op went into menopause full blown gyn dr sent me to primary care dr who does believe in HRT drugs doesn't want to be responsible for their terrible side effectsso she sent me to a compounding pharmacist that made me a hormone cream that I use every day it has gotten rid of hot flashes the sweats anxiety I am taking a antidepressant feeling like a new person at 54 worth asking your dr about I'm in NC of US

• Posted

Hi Mary, this is good luv as long as it is clear &no signs of blood in it. It Is good you are emptying it..Good sign of having No damage or knicks to your bladder.... .Good Luck luv.. &praying for a good recovery 😉😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.