Open myomectomy Dec 6th

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I am having an abdominal myomectomy on December 6th, to remove at least 3 large fibroids, ranging in 10cm-6cm. My uterus is now the size of an 18 week pregnancy, and the fibroids are I guess on the outside or in the wall. 

Especially first thing in the morning I can really see and feel one of them sticking out on the right side of my abdomen - it looks like a grapefruit is just sitting under there.

I am wondering for those of you who have had them, did your stomach get flatter after the surgery? I know it doesn't right away because there is swelling, but like 2 months, 3 months after will I look more like I looked before these fibroids grew so big???

Also I am SO NERVOUS, how did you deal with your pre surgery nerves??

Thanks all of you smile smile 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. I did mine on the 29th Nov. Still recovering thou. I wish dices. And quick recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.