Open Myomectomy in August and only had 2 periods. Is it normal to not have a period?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all!! I'm new to this group and site. I was wondering if anyone has ever NOT had a period for a few months after having an open myomectomy?? Any and every little type of info helps! I do have an appointment coming up on the 17th of this month, but jeeeez I am just up for any type of info lol!

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi Trice! welcome to the forum. I had an open myomectomy in November 2017 and it took me 3-4 months to start getting regular cycles again. it takes a while for your body to settle because man that it some surgery!! hit me like a tonne of bricks!!

• Posted

thank you so much!! I have been so stressed and worried because I really want kids and I was so upset and worried that something was wrong!! I am still going to ask my doctor everything that comes to mind lol!!

• Posted

glad to help 😁 I had a c section type surgery and 13 fibroids were removed!!! lucky 13 eh? I wouldnt worry, its a very tough surgery to go through. i want children too and am hoping to be at that stage soon.

• Posted

Hopefully the surgery is the ONLY reason I haven't had 2 cycles and that everything is ok. Praying we both get to experience having children!! ❤❤

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the group!

for me i had a kind of period after 7 days of my procedure, & subsequently every month after that.. i even had a miscarriage!

Go for your appointment and check up .. keep a diary, that has helped for me, keep a log of changes to your body, physically and mentally. Also keep asking us questions! How many fibriods were removed? Your incision was is vertical or horizontal? Your body has had a major surgury and trauma, it may take awhile, keep a diary xx

• Posted

Thank you for the response! I had the incision same as a c-section. The doctor removed 9 fibroids, my biggest 9 cm. I found out I had fibroids when I was pregnant back in January. Unfortunately, I lost our baby at 16 weeks. The biggest fibroid was on top of my uterus and the baby just ran out of room along with the pressure causing my water to break. I had what they called an "inevitable miscarriage". So we are ready to be able to baby dance again lol. But me not having a cycle for 2 months has me nervous something could be wrong. But I am just going to remain hopeful that all is ok!

• Posted

wow! what a lot you have had to endure this year, my heart goes out to you!

sorry to ask you this, are you now sexually active?

ps keep this positive mind set!

• Posted

Yes I am. We started back as soon as we got the green light lmao. But I took a teat last month, home and they did a blood test, and they both came back negative. I thought I could be because I have NEVER missed a cycle!

• Posted

I'm sorry for your loss as well! I meant to say that earlier but it slipped my mind.

• Posted

Yes. My doctor said so and that was my experience. Normalized after about 5 months.

• Posted

OMG, seriously??!! I don't remember the doctor ever telling me that, but I will be asking questions at my next follow up appointment on the 17th!!

• Posted

you may be pregnant..

• Posted

They gave me a urine and blood test in November when I missed my cycle last month and they both came back negative. I may take another tomorrow though because I did the weirdest thing earlier.

• Posted

I had the uterine artery embolization 2 weeks ago. Did anyone have this procedure and had discharge that is on and off?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.