Open myomectomy pre-admission to surgery waiting period

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have finally received my appointment for my open myomectomy pre-admission tests. I'm having the surgery done at Homerton Hospital.

I phoned the booking department to ask how long I would wait for the surgery after the pre-admission and they advised that the current wait is four weeks, but it "could" be up to 18 weeks.

Has anyone got info into waiting times? Not knowing when this will happen is really stressful, I can't really plan anything in my life right now!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am so happy for you homerton is a very good hospital, wishing you all the best.

• Posted

hello there,

I had my preop discussion and signatory forms fill back in late December 2018, then I had the surgury Februray 13th 2019 10 weeks in total

I had a quick holiday before the procedure

• Posted

ps my hospital was Hillingdon Hospital

• Posted

Should also be a good hospital

I have not been there

They all have good staff in hospital

with good standard.

• Posted

hi sorry what's operation is this you having open myomectomy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.