Open wound help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone so I had a rather large cyst under my arm that burst and it left an open wound. It's been about a month and a half and the wound looks better but it's still open. I'm planning on going to the doctor but does anyone have an idea of what to expect?? I'm deep terrified of getting stitches does anyone know if that may be the case ? Any help is much appreciated thanks !!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This surely sounds like HS. You must do your due dilligence. Find someone that specializes in HS. Not EZ. I have to travel 6 hours to the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. But it is worth it. So many Docs do not know how to treat this properly or surgically remove HS properly.

• Posted

Any boil has the potential to burst, but whether or not it's infected is where u should seek medical attention. I've been infected with HS since 2009 and I've had multiple surgeries. You should definitely see if you have Acne Inversa. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.