Opening up.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've felt down, confused and basically not my normal self for almost four months. And it took until of few days ago for me to realise that this isn't normal, and I should just try and ignore it and put on a smile and hope this feeling passes. 

I finally decided that I need to confront this feeling so booked an appointment with my GP. That was today, and I was told that I'm likely to be suffering from moderate to severe depression. I'm 19 years old and have decided to opt for CBT. 

I want to make this descussion to help people who've felt like I do, and don't feel like there's anyone you can speak to, or you're worried how to tell your GP you think you could be depressed.

I want to be able to update this as my therapy progresses, I've felt so much better just having confronted the issue, and knowing that I'm taking steps to deal with this confusing feeling.

I hope that sharing my experience can help people to acknowledge the issue, and take the same steps to deal with it.

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Way to go, Si95!!

Just can't beat honesty and couragebiggrin

• Posted

I really hope I can encourage other people you feel the same!

I felt totally isolated, and it felt odd even thinking I could be depressed in anyway, and now I realise it doesn't have to be like that at all! cheesygrin

• Posted

A sliver of hope...sometimes, that all we need - well done cheesygrin

Get stuck in; we need you!!

• Posted

Today has Beenham odd one one, I've tried hard to avoid thinking negatively; but i don't feel like I've achieved very much.

I'm currently at uni and I'm having exams, I've really struggled to focus on them, I guess I'll see how much it's affected me when I get my results.

I'll try to keep this updated with how days have been: if you feel the same, you don't have to face this alone, reach out and ask for help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.