Operation booked

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well that's it i have had pre op and paid up all going ahead next weds 17th pelvic floor repair and poss hysterectomy. Any advice to prepare. 

1 like, 140 replies

140 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, You can buy Laxido sachets at the chemist or online.biggrin
    • Posted

£6.49 for 30 sachets so if you pay for your prescriptions ask your GP for a prescription 
    • Posted

Opps yes Sorry.....looks like some of these online places are a bit misleading, as they still need a  valid prescription !!  
    • Posted

I think it is available without prescription though 
  • Posted

Relax and good luck , I booked in for this thursday. Nervous but staying positive. Hospitals lack of info is most annoying. Did they mention shaving? I cant decide if I should get waxed as easily get infections from shaving rashes down there. Going to keep ringing hsopital till I get through and get some answers or I will worry. Like Matron says we must relax. All the best
    • Posted

Don't shave and definitely don't wax tilley. Consultants don't approve theses days because it can cause an infection. Good luck for Thursday and keep in touch.
    • Posted

Hi Matron, Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately spoke with pre admit nurse today. Finally got through, when I did the nurse said she would have called on wed to explain everything. Told I would be shaved!  Hospital only shave minimum but still shave so if I want to avoid it get wax but only if I have been waxed before and no reaction. I haven't for years and couldn't get in at such short notice anyway. Used cream (which I have used before on bikini line) and trimmed front up with no adverse reaction hopefully this will be enough to avoid shaving. Thanks for your kind words.Will do. 
    • Posted

told me not to shave either but that they shave minimum area and that reduces risk of infection.
    • Posted

Very unusual to be shaved these days. Sounds like the consultant prefers it and to a certain extent I agree. Good luck.
    • Posted

Yes I agree. When I had the surgery in June no one asked about it or said anything.
    • Posted

I am wishing you the best and am also happy for the forum. Before this forum I had no one to talk to about these issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.