Operation booked

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, 

My op has been booked for the 10th April and I'm super super nervous. It is staying as open surgary. 

I saw my consultant last week and we spoke about it all and he answered my questions.!

I'll be on a PCA machine and given other meds to help with pain. 

I'm so so scared! Im finding my symptoms are getting worse as I'm getting really stressed! 

Has anyone had this op lately? They are taking the cyst, ovary and maybe the tube to 

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry, I forgot to mention. When I had the 11 cm cyst removed at the end of October (which is 5 months ago) the surgeon took out the cyst, right ovary and that side of the fallopian tube. I haven't had a period since September so I don't know if I'm going into early menopause (although the doctor said my other ovary will 'take over everything'wink or if it's just stress.

• Posted

Lisa can I ask how old are you? My Dr will be doing the same removing ovary(cyst) and both tubes. I'm 47 with kid so I do not need them anymore. A few people have told me that the symptoms are far worse than the recovery it sounds like you agree. 

• Posted

How old are you? I've been told that they will take ovary and cyst and maybe tube and that my left side will take over. 

• Posted

I'm 49 and already have two children, 23 and 17. So I'm not looking to have more. I just didn't want to go through early menopause yet and have to deal hormones and all that jazz right now. She took only the right ovary and one side of the tube. 

• Posted

I'm 49. Yes, the other tube and ovary will take over. Don't worry. In fact, I am still ovulating. I know that for sure since I took an ovulation test. 

• Posted

Thank you Lisa for responding and sharing your experience. It truly is a big help. How long after the surgery would you say you really were yourself again? 
    • Posted

Ohnok that's good. As only 23. What worries me is that I'll get another cyst on left side and they will have I take ovary again which would leave me with nine as I dread to think how long my 11cm had been there for x

• Posted

Probably a week and a half - minus the annoyance of the bandages. But I took vitamins and ate a lot of green leafy veggies, fruit and ate a lot of steak and chicken. I tried to get a good night's sleep. 

• Posted

I imagine mine was there for a year and a half but picked up speed near the end. Still, nobody should have to live with a huge cyst attached to their organs. If it were so many men getting these cysts in their reproductive organs, I'm pretty sure something would be done about it sooner. I think it's caused by all the plastic in our environment since many of these plastics, including water bottles, emit estrogen-like chemicals. But what do I know. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.