Operation date

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had my operation date for Vaginal Hysterectomy 13 September .I have only ever been in hospital have my sons .So feeling very nervous , the two months I have been very emotional and down .Not sure ifs because of the change or worry the op .

Top that my lovely employer booked me k hubby  weekend break for 22nd September not knowing of cause op date been 13 th .Hospital told me last week ,it would be October .Now question is trying change date till November , if not my hubby seems thing I will be fine go , for weekend break but just take it easy get me wheelchair ! .It's lot money she paid £700 for this as she said Sun need Shine for me .

what would you do if ,I am unable change the date , I will know tomorrow if it's possible . 

Really what op done dusted with out the way , but also don't want lose break help .

oh I would be great full if anyone had this op could give me some advice I am having also a lining repair . 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Tricky, two weeks post op is very, very early days. I'm sure you won't need a wheel chair but may be very tired and possibly still on pain medication. 

What kind of a break has been booked? 

• Posted

Hi Julie.... I haven't had my operation yet but I do think that's a very difficult question I can see that having some sun and relaxation will do you the world of good after such a major operation but I also worry it may be too soon for you due to pain discomfort etc ... maybe best discuss with your doctor see what they advise .... good luck on the 13th xc

• Posted

Hi Julie, you should be ok if you take things easy, it is only a weekend after all, if it was a couple of weeks I think that would be too much, I had a vaginal hysterectomy and I found things quite easy afterwards, you won't need a wheelchair as a small amount of walking is encouraged, I didn't experience any pain after my op so hopefully you will be lucky as well, just remember you must take things easy.

Phoebe

• Posted

Hi Phoebewhite ,

Thank you for replying . I have managed to change our weekend away till Nov 3rd at no extra cost . 

If you work how long was you off work for ? Hate thought being stuck doing nothing :-( . 

Can you please advise me what take into hospital as , my hospital letters very basic little info . I have my pre op this Thursday , was last week but got cancelled . When did you have yours done ? Hope your well . X

• Posted

Hi Julie, I had mine done 3 years ago this December, I wasn't working (retired) but I think the recommended time of is 4-6 weeks depending on what you do, if physical work then longer off is better, if you are an office worker then you would probably get away with 4 weeks, is your op entirely vaginal? mine was also laparoscopically assisted.

Take plenty of reading matter into hospital with you, I took my tablet so I could also keep family and friends up to date with what was happening, if you don't want to wear horrid hospital gowns then take 2 night gowns in and a dressing gown (just a light one) slippers BIG pants (knickers), make sure you have loose clothing for going home, either a dress or very loose (elasticated waist) trousers, I took a pillow from home as well, better than hospital ones and also it comes in handy to hold over your tummy on the journey home, I'm sure other ladies will give you more ideas of what to take with you as well, obviously toiletries as smellies, I also took the Teddy bear one of my sons bought me as a joke but it was nice to have. lol

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi Phoebe , 

I was told it was day surgery , so hoping be in out same day , fingers crossed . I am just having the uterus removed vaginaly and lining stitched back . Guess know more Thursday , much rather not know as hate thought op , always said die rather than go in for op .Not at all worried about op now  , but thought staying in hospital fills me with dread .

I work full time as house keeper mothers help , really plan have little time off , but will do as requested . My boss would not allow me return before I am capable . 

Not one for sitting still , .

I have been advised not taking anything in of valuable items , so leaving iPad. , phone at home till after the op .If need it then hubby bring it in after come out theatre . I will take tiny little Elliot elephant in with me my hubby but it when we first meet . Can you belive it our 4 th annivasary on the 14 th . Not sure how put up with me last two months mood swings been terrible .He truly his saint even if he's all work lol . Thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.