Operation date confirmed

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everybody after waiting nearly a year after my first tkr I have got the

date for the second

18th April. I can now start the worrying.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good luck I have just had my first tkr 4days post op and will probably have to have the other one done some time in the future
  • Posted

I wish you all the best with this. You are very brave to go for a second.

I think it's fine that you are worried. Once you admit that to yourself you can then start to deal with the fear.

Keep in touch

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

You know what to expect and what to do to prepare, so stop worrying! You'll be fine.

I've had both of mine done and have been much better since.

Best Wishes. x

• Posted

Not too long to worry!  Just time to get everything ready . .fridge full of  ready made food.. .loose rugs removed . . . plastic plates to avoid washing up . . . good supply of painkillers in the cupboard!  Hope it all goes really well for you . . . 
  • Posted

Lovely time of the year Joan to have it done because you will have the summer to get fit and get your mojo back.  Soon be working out behind that lawn mower!!!!!  The very best of luck when the 18th comes round.
  • Posted

my tkr is 5 days behind me so I really understand your trepidation. I cannot tell you it is easy but I can tell you it will pass.Try not to worry,I spent my own time batch cooking to keep busy, I am home now and so glad I did, (at least I have decent food!) It will pass and you will be totally fine, good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.