Operation date is coming ..nervous wreck

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a scheduled laparoscopic surgery coming up on Monday to remove one ovary and both tubes(as I plan to have no more children ).i have had what seems to be a fibroma about 2cm..my dr gave me the option to recheck in 3 months but I felt at this point it's been there for 2 years what difference will that make ..it has only grown minutely over  this time ..so I'm opting to remove it ..all scans and bloodwork are pointing to be benign but I have myself convinced otherwise ..so scared of this surgery , recovery and biopsy of their growth ..I need to be talked off the ledge 😬

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Stop panicking! Logically if after two years, it’s the same size, why would it not be benign? I had my ovary cyst and tube whipped out at the same time as a prolapse repair, thought while I was out of it I might as well. I apparently had loads of adhesions from previous surgery, so it was a harder op for the surgeon to do. But by far the most minor of the two. If this op was the only one I had had done, I would have recovered very quickly. It’s an easy surgery to get over, three minor incisions and the odd twinge. But really you will be back to normal in no time. Don’t worry.
    • Posted

Thank you for your words of encouragement !! I wish I could lift my bladder at the same time ( remnants of three children lol) but I think I can only handle one thing at a time ...I like your logical thinking about the size not growing but my mind keeps wandering to that negative place ..maybe I google too much 😳🔫

• Posted

Hi Danielle 

Try not to worry although I know that's very easy to say. I had a laparotomy 6 weeks ago & I'm going back to work tomorrow, it's always worrying & like you my mind was racing everywhere! I've just had a quick Google Fibromas sound similar to Dermoids ( which I had) I'm sure you'll be fine, if your Dr has any doubts at all he wouldn't have given you the option to wait?! 

Totally understand where you're coming from & it's an awful lot to take im & process it took me a while to get my head  around it all it's only natural 

Keep us posted x

• Posted

....& I think you're having keyhole from your post? That should be an easier recovery & mine wasn't half as bad as I though after open surgery-honest x

• Posted

It is actually keyhole at this point .hope nothing drastic changes ..funny you should mention dermoid cyst ..that's what the ultrasound report says it looks like I have yet the mri is saying fibroma ..who the helk knows .... Ugh what we women have to go through

• Posted

Sent this earlier but my internet's playing up not sure it went! Apologies if you get it twice!.....

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine x

I only had a laparotomy because mine were quite big they looked at keyhole but wasn't an option ( 8cms & 11cms!) they do keyhole if at all possible so I wouldn't worry about it changing ( I only said that to try & reassure you as my recovery has been fine even with a bigger op) 

The tests they do beforehand are fairly accurate too my consultant let me travel long haul & postpone my op for a month after she got my results back, she wouldn't have risked it if the tests were accurate x

I've seen your other post about your ovaries I had both mine removed at the same time as the cysts were wrapped around them & like you was concerned about my menopause, I was 50 this year-some present eh! 

Everyone's different obviously but barring a few slight flushes ( which our recent weather may not have helped) I've been fine! I expected to turn into some hormone crazed monster but 6 weeks on ( & they said I'd be straight into it 'all bells & whistles' the next day) no major concerns at all x

I know it's easy to say but try not to focus on it too much,  it'll all be over soon, the worrying's the worst bit x

• Posted

Did you have any symptoms with these cysts ..also did they make you take ca125 blood test?? How long after surgery were they able to tell you all was ok?
    • Posted

Yes they did & they we're happy with my results ( I can't remember what level mine was as I was in a bit of mess at the time ) but my consultant said they're pretty accurate.

I went back after 10 days to get my results but they said from the start they were very reassuring all would be ok x

Not long now & it'll all be over xx

• Posted

Did you have pain from the cysts ? I feel like I'm ovulating out of my ovary even when I'm not .like a dull ache..so annoying 

• Posted

Yes that's exactly it! Dull acne not so much pain but continually felt like I was due on....I thought it was my change! I think I just got used to feeling like it ( they're slow growing so suppose I must have just adjusted to it!?) 

Don't miss that at all! 

I'm sure you'll feel much better when it's all done xx

• Posted

Obviously I had a dull ache not dull acne!! 🤦🏻???

• Posted

Ha!! I didn't even realize that ..guess you can tell where my brain is 

• Posted

Sorry been a mad weekend! 

Wishing you lots of luck for today x

I'm sure all will be fine & I'm looking forward to your post op post! 

Take care & keep positive xx

• Posted

Thank u for checking in on me ..surgery was at 7am and I was out by 11..all went well ..no frozen section because nothing looked suspicious ..so glad it's over ..not that bad though ..just have that gas discomfort right now ..I keep getting up to try to rid myself of this ..????

• Posted

That's great news Well Done! 

Yes moving around's good 👍🏻 I got a load of peppermint tea in too as it's meant to be good ....never used it though! x

Take care & rest up lots, really glad it's over for you now  xx

• Posted

Thank you amber ..if I have to say , the gas is the worst .when I stand  I feel like my stomach and body is so heavy .i have to kinda sleep upright .noway can I lay on my side .how long will this last ?

It is nice though that I can actually relax without feeling guilty 😜..still pray pathology ok .putting faith in my Drs comments that  that my surgery was apparently "boring " lol

• Posted

Boring?! 😂 Never heard that one before!

I'm not sure about the gas pain, I had open surgery not keyhole & think you may get more with keyhole I was lucky & didn't really suffer from it I wouldn't imagine it'll go on fur a long time but I know it's not nice. They did say moving about will get everything 'moving' but obviously only little walks x

Yes make the most of guilt free rest I wish I'd milked it more now I'm back to all normal & able to do everything again! 

Take care it's good to hear from you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.