Operation tomorrow

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have my operation tomorrow laparoscopic hysterectomy as womb and cervix have dropped putting pressure on rectum I’m hoping this op will help as I didn’t want any mesh..I have rectal pressure and aches and pains in bum cheeks it also interferes with bowel motions . I had a standing mri to confirm the position of everything has any body else had relief after hysterectomy 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, I’m day 3 post op, vaginal hysterectomy and posterior prolapse. I made sure I ate very healthily, before, in hospital (I took my own fibre filled food) and at home. My op went very well, I was out in less than 24 hrs as I came off the morphine after a few hours (it made me feel and be sick) and I felt great. 

I can cough without feeling I need to pee myself (I had an anterior prolapse, which got pulled up when they stitched the hysterectomy up) and pee properly. I’ve been overactive with pooing as I overdid the fibre and fruit! But, it has made it easy to go and it just moves right on out, no hard push, no sitting in a pouch. I tell you, I can feel the benefits of this already! 

Main problem i have is trying not to do too much! No painkillers now, very little bleeding, not having that terrible tiredness that others have. Hoping it never hits me! As I said, I eat very healthily, very little dairy, no meat,  a little fish (if I know the source), no refined or processed foods. I’m positive this has helped my recovery, along with a Positive Mental Attitude of course. 

You will I’ll be fine, embrace the new improved body, enjoy the first normal poo! I even felt a bit horny today, something I haven’t for a while! 😳 but that will have to wait! 

All the best. 👍🤞😊🙏

• Posted

Hi Laurie wow you are doing amazing that makes me feel better about tomorrow they are going to hitch things up for me too my main pain is from everything pushing down on rectum and perineum and interfering with opening bowels. And for you to feel horny so soon is a fabulous sign..hope I recover as well as you. I’ve been watching what I eat more than usual to keep things moving but today going a little too much. 
  • Posted

Can i ask if you have discomfort sitting and feel,as if something popping out which feels like a hemroid but it’s not...
    • Posted

Hi I have rectal and vaginal pain and discomfort the only relief I get is lying down I don’t have a feeling like something is popping out more pressure and pain 

• Posted

I have cervix and uterus prolapse cervix is pressing into rectum also have lots of scarring on cervix I could have had mesh but this was not the path I wanted to go down so I’m having hysterectomy with extra sutures for support. A standing mri confirmed the position of uterus and cervix fingers crossed for tomorrow’s surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.