Opiate withdrawal day 4 80 mg oxy habit

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I am currently on day 4 of opiate withdrawal which is the 3rd time in the last 3 yrs I’ve found myself down this horrible road. It has stemmed from a back injury and I had got up to 80 mg a day ( sometimes more) and decided enough is enough as most mornings I was waking up sick until I had my pills. I researched the f#%k outta it this time as I’d been through it before and knew what I was in for. I must say Lyrica was a life saver aswell as some Valium and all the vitiams required to help the repair process. It hasn’t been easy but soooo much better than before. Plus I was ona higher dose than I’ve ever been on. These forams have helped emmensly as I didn’t feel as alone. My missis has never had any addiction so she can’t understand it. I have a high position at work and a family to look after, so I had to minimise the withdrawal as best as i could. Ressesless leg syndrome is the killer,(it will nearly drive you bats**t crazy)but the Lyrica truly helps all that including the anxiety( it’s not too hard to obtain from the docs )Be mindful although they will tell you it’s not addictive, believe me it is. ( been prescribed it in the past) so only take for the first week and lower doses on the 2nd week n stop. I would like to say to all my broos n sisters going through this horrible time, you will get better and get back to your self. So please hang in there. It will get better. I wish I could say I won’t go down this road again but f**k they seem to have a way of dragging you back once your through the WD it tricks your mind to thinking it wasn’t that bad and I will be careful this time. But believe me after a few weeks/ months you find yourself back in the same position. So fingers crossed. Keep it real peeps. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve.

Your story sounds so very similar to mine mate.

I had a family to look after with 2 young daughter's who I worship that are my world.

I was an Operations manager paying 40% tax, brand new Lexus parked on my drive etc.

Due to Degenerative Disc Desease in my back & adding to that a very bad car accident I had to be cut free from, I too was prescribed 4 x 80mgs of Oxycontin per day, plus 4 x 120mgs along with that = 800mgs per day. Before I too had had enough & wanted my life back I was on closer to 1500mgs per day of which I've now been completely free from since August 2016. So I'm getting there!!

Keep up the fight & stay strong Steve.

Ritchie

• Posted

Good for you Ritchie2168, encouraging others (having been in their shoes)proof of what is possible...how amazingly proud you should be, to know it was a problem, to follow through & get clean....Wishing you & your family the very best?

• Posted

Thank you very much for your very kind comment!

I'm pretty sure we have spoken on here before at some point?

I said from day one that it was always my objective due to the very little help available to me when I wanted off of this stuff, that I would spend the rest of my life helping others in a similar situation that I found myself in, and so that is why I will be here for Steve & those unfornate people like him.

Thank you again & take care.

Ritchie xx

• Posted

I am pretty sure we have spoken before too...once you mentioned it, so glad to see you're doing well and keep up the wonderful role modelling & support....Best Wishes/Take Care?

• Posted

Keep up the good fight....your family needs you to be at your best, know that your family loves you & wants you to be around as long as possible(you know eventually addiction catches up w/you and not only YOU will be suffering) Wishing you strength & determination...take one day at a time(or one hour) it is the RESULTS that matter, not how you get there....Keep busy, get a routine w/o meds, eat well, exercise(even just walking) and spend time w/your family(you need to be CLEAN w/them) and NEVER be afraid to talk to someone or ask for help...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Anybody using opioids/benzos/z meds for ANY OTHER REASON, than what they are prescribed, needs to STOP NOW (WHILE THEY CAN)...even those taking them CORRECTLY FOR PROPER REASONS, need to be aware THEY ARE ADDICTIVE....If you take them for any longer than a few weeks you CAN be addicted & after several months YOU WILL BE...Not something you would wish on ANYBODY!!! BEST WISHES Steve65335 praying for you & your family?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.