Opinions on my acne scars please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

i am massively conscious of my acne scars - ive added a photo of the ones on one cheek. i have make up on, but they still look so indented and pitted. It really spoils my confidence.

how bad do you think they look? and any cheap solutions? Many thanks image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think it's bad at all!! How old are you? Everyone needs to take care of their skin.. drinking lots of water, eating healthy, using moisturizer and sunscreen-- it all helps. You can research what you need to achieve what your looking for... retinal? Vit C serum? Rosehip oil?

• Posted

Really it's not bad at all!!! I had chicken pox when I was younger and that left a couple scars but I don't notice them- or just ignore them. Sometimes we are our biggest critic. Just research and get a good skin care routine going- knowing that your using good products that help will boost your confidence.

• Posted

Hi I agree that they don't look bad at all, but as someone whose scars and pits are worse I know how it can make you feel despite what others say.

I think a few chemical peels might help you, but if it's too sever laser treatment is the best answer. I am in the UK but don't don't want country you are in. If the UK then unless you can prove psychological damage this isn't available on the NHS. When I last checked around 10 years ago it cost nearly £5,000 then.

The other alternative is to use dermatological make up. I had a free session with a make up expert via my doctors who told me I could get probably get this on the NHS. If not then you can pay for it. It is quite expensive but it lasts a long time.

What is does is hide all the scars and dents (magic). You put it on every 3/4 days and meanwhile you can wash your face as normal. You need to put a special cream on to get it off again. I had it done on me and my skin looked completely normal and like I said mine is worse than yours looks. I decided not to bother with it though as I think of them now as battle scars and are part of who I am.

I hope this has been helpful. x

• Posted

Thank you all of you! I the make up sounds really good, i will Google it xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.