Opposite of bunion...my big toe on right foot is growing outwards

Posted , 3 users are following.

Unlike a bunion my big toe is growing the opposite direction. It pushes back in when you put a shoe on but it hurts constantly as it pushes outwards against the shoe. The joint where the toe joins the foot is inflamed and becoming sore and hard.

I was born pigeoned toed and had a tendon release on my ankle to help straighten my foot when i was very young.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You need to find out what is happening and why. Then you can consider options. Foot pain is awful because it affect your enjoyment of everything.

So first stop orthopedics , from experience skip podiatrist.

Good luck

kim

• Posted

i would agree with the suggestion of Orthopedics!! i had very bad joint pain and physio and podiatrist just shrugged it off and said as you have had hip replacement fir OA it must be your age!!! 2 major ops from a excellent foot surgeon who found large bone cysts in both feet , it is looking better and slowly getting much better!

it will get worse if you leave it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.