Optimism in life helps mental and physical health

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have schizophrenia and other health problems. I was on 6 mg of risperidone some years back, now I am on 3mg and doctor is thinking o reducing it to 2.5 mg.

I am an optimist. I am quite optimistic about my health improving with the kind of things I am doing like exercising, good diet etc. This optimism and my improving health has helped me overcome all difficulties I face

I strongly believe that optimism is quite key to health, physical or mental

Does anyone else have a similar experience

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vipan I absolutely agree with you, if you think down you will be down, I'm really glad that you have an attitude that helps you live with you health problems and not let it be you.

I am unable to walk without crutches but I don't let it be my personality.

Keep on doing what your doing and although we can't be what is classed as "normal" it all depends on yours and everyone else's concept of normal, I personally think that even when I could walk independently I wasn't "normal"

• Posted

Hello,

I really needed to read this today. My therapist kind of freaked me out a bit saying my mtoher may or may not have had bipolar of Schizo. I am so terrified that I will have it too. My anxiety is getting the best of me. But reading that there is normal people like you, who have optimism and get through it really eases my fears. 

I really need to practice this type of attitude, Thank you for your faith and strong hope!! 

• Posted

Hi See never let your therapist put you in a box, because we have a perticularry illness or disease it doesn't have to be the end of a good life, anxiety caused by thoughts is common but I'm sure your positivity will carry you forwards, remember that all mental health issues are in the mind 🙃🙃🙃 and even though the mind is extremely good at convincing us we are in pain,scared,have something wrong with us it's not always right, you have the ability to stop it inflicting these lifestyles on us.

Glad your feeling more hopeful

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words. It was tough because of course my mind is like "well shes a professional she knows what shes saying" but another part of me is like" NO she obviously doesnt she has never sat with your mom etc.  So ehhhh. Trying to keep a positive mind though 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.