Oral cimetidine does it work?

Posted , 2 users are following.

my 7 year old daughter has had molluscum for slightly over a year now. I finally got a dermatologist to prescribe it for my daughter. she has to take it for 2 months religiously every 12 hours? has this medicine cured this disease for anyone and stopped new lesions from appearing. i use molluscum vanishing stick i get off amazon to heal the big irritated bumps when i see them, but am wanting something to help eradicate virus from my daughters body completely. everyime i get the old bumps healed new ones appear in a month or two.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could help. Have you been offered diathermy??

• Posted

It will kill them for good. But, I don't know if it leaves a scar yet. I am meeting with a dermatologist on Monday for more information. I am doing my best to find out all options for this virus. I've tried beetle juice for my daughter and curettage and cryotherapy for myself. So far, curettage seems like the best and least damaging. I have the lesions on my neck from carrying my daughter. They've travelled to my face. I have atopic skin. I wish I'd known about this before my daughter acquired it. I am really upset about it and I'm bleaching everything and buying new towels and getting new bed sheets. If your daughter has had it about a year why not try a holistic doctor and see if she has allergies. Maybe her immune system is distracted.

• Posted

She does have allergies as I have allergies and asthma myself. Both of us take elderberry to help boost our immune systems. Seems to work with other sicknesses for my daughter but not when it comes to getting rid of molluscum. Because she had excema as a baby and seasonal allergies now I think her immune system was more prone to this. She has been very healthy every other way this year and has gotten very few colds and other sicknesses this year so I think her immune system is fine. Her body just doesn't seem to be recognizing there is a virus there. And she has the most outbreaks during spring and summer when its hot and humid here. I won't allow her to swim with her friends and play with very young children when she has bumps for fear of infecting others. She is very sensitive to pain and does not want anything blistered, burned, or cut off. Her skin had a very bad painful reaction to having them blister with the beetle juice. I will not make her go thru that again. Poor thing couldn't even sit for 2 days because she was in so much pain.She's only 8. I saw online it can last up to 4 years in her body. I don't want to be dealing with this till she's 11, so I am desperate to find something that will rid her body of this virus painlessly.

• Posted

If she doesn't have that many find a good dermatologist and have them curettaged. It really doesn't hurt and it is fast and it's gone. They can numb the area if they need to but it is the fastest and easiest way to deal with them. It leaves a tiny dot and scabs over and falls off. The blister beetle juice is difficult. I will not use that method for my daughter again.

• Posted

Another option is v beam. I read studies on it in medical journals. It seems very effective and it does not hurt. They use it on babies for red birthmarks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.