Oral Extraction Complications

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I had a procedure done several months ago on my bottom molar tooth. I was sent to an oral surgeon because my insurance apparently doesn't cover root canals on molar teeth. It was an emergency oral surgeon the office was full of patients and I was literally screaming crouching on floor from pain. My 7 year old and my cousin were present so my well spoken cousin told staff do you not see how much pain she's in can you please do something this is absolutely not fair. They told her I have to wait anyways i continued to cry and scream until the dentist came out to say you can come in now I'm ready for you. She suggested I be sedated I told her I would prefer to be awake after all I got my wisdom done years prior with no sedation. She seemed a bit nervous as if every other patient agrees for sedation with extractions so she advised me it's best I get sedated. I expressed firmly that we won't be doing that today due to my child being present and local anesthesia was fine. She did just that and began the extraction I heard my tooth break seen her scrambling as I made a groaning noise and she said all set. I went home with alot of pain continued for a month. I didnt recall pain being this severe with any extraction. I tried to see my regular dentist but she was on maternity leave. I got appointment with a big clinic associated with my local hospital. Prior i did research due to me feeling with my tongue sharp pieces on side of my gums. A piece of something hard broke during me eating from where my extraction was. The new dentist told me its bone fragment and it will continue to surface and fall out. It's been 3 months my gums are inflamed it feels like thorns are in my gums or pieces of glass. I can't eat and now I have a new open wound exposing me to bacteria. He refused to believe my gums were swollen and now the swelling has spread. I need help and I cant believe I was left to suffer.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.