Oral HPV? or oral Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea?

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello, I am 17 and have been having these red bumps/warts at the back of my throat after my first oral sexual encounter. It's been 2 years and they don't seem to go away and they're painless. I also have a white line on my tonsils. I can't get tested due to the conservative country I am in. I'm also a minor, otherwise testing wouldn't be a problem. I have attached a picture of my condition.image

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

they are not warts its called cobblestone throat some bacterial and virus things can cause it u need to have some throat swabs taken

• Posted

also the white streaks indicate some kind of an infection going on there the only way ud know what infection it is is to have the doctor take some swabs

• Posted

i would recommend u gargle a good mouth wash like listerine until u can get a doctors appointment

• Posted

i dnt think its hpv no the lumps are caused by an underlying infection or bacteria

• Posted

throat swabs if u just have oral symptoms and urine if u have had sex with a person

• Posted

there are many things that can cause it but given the fact u say it happened after oral sex then ideally u need swabbing for stds of the throat if they are clear results then a doctor will help u to find out what other bacteria is csusing it

• Posted

can the symptoms of an sti be this painless and going on for 2 years though?

• Posted

some people with std dont even know they have them as they dont cause any symptoms stds need treating with antibiotics they dont go away on there own plus there is no 100% its std related until u hav had a doctor look at or swab for them like i said above many things can cause it not just stds

• Posted

instead of an actual mouthwash like Listerine

• Posted

make sure u visit a doctor have them av a look at it it might not be std related it could just be a coincidence that it occured around the same time as oral sex an d might be down to something else

• Posted

ok let's say it's a coincidence, how can another infection stay for 2 years unnoticed, do u have any idea what infections can be asymptomatic for this long ? plus i hope it's a coincidence cuz i live in a pretty religious community

• Posted

theres nothing saying its an infection until u have swabs taken to be sure benign things like post nasal drip can cause it allergys can cause it so can certain bacteria usually white streaks or pus on the tonisils is indicative of an infection which is why u need to go and have a doctor look at it i dont understand why u have waited 2 years before seeking advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.