Oral Lichen planus

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I think i have had olp untreated for about 10 years when it was bad i would struggle to open my mouth and it felt like the cheeks needed to be ripped open to be able to open my mouth. luckily i finally got reffered to the right department and got treatment, betamethasone, after a biopsie. after using the treatment for about 5weeks in total it cleared up to the point where the consultant could still it but felt no further treatment was needed i have the abilty to get the medcine again of it flares up again.

But since my mouth has got better i now have what dr google makes me think is lp on my penis v painful some of the time to the point it gives penis an egg timer shape look, is this normal i have also had a very itchy scalp which if i itch has a very sharp pain... is this normal treat in one area pops up in another.... is there any treatment that could tackle all three is i have three..... hiw would they take a biopse from penis and scalp i was intrested and saw the piece taken from my mouth and would not really want to do that.

thanks in advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i had a friend who gets it on her scalp and breast. a shot of cortisone and cortisone

cream helped her, good luck

• Posted

Please don't scratch your scalp, I have it also, and my doctor said do not scratch your scalp just rub it gently

• Posted

thanks for reply... doctor has refered me to a dermatologist and give me steriods for 1 and she is not sure scalp is lp so nothing for scalp.... will try to stop scratching but you forget and only realise your scratching when you get the sharp pain.... hopefully dermatologist will have an idea....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.