Oral Lichen Planus...anyone have symptoms disappear through diet change??

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been reading alot about the Paleo diet and how this has helped alot of people with autoimmune disorders. Has anyone had this actually make the burning and mouth leisons disappear?

Also, I'm needing a teeth cleaning, but due to the extreme sensitivity in my mouth, I am beyond terrified. I have to use children's toothpaste and even then can only use a pea size. I do have v some magic numbing mouthwash, but the numbing only lasts a short time. Any good ideas for helping with the burn and sensitivity?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had OLP for 28 years. Fortunately for me I discovered a toothpaste from the Health Food shop which made a major difference to the pain I suffered. Unfortunately in recent years they changed the recipe/formula (what ever) and I could no longer use the same paste I had used for over 20 years. I contacted them at the time and tried to find out why they had changed their paste, and what they changed. They did not want to pass on information.  Keep trying different brands.
  • Posted

P.S. I discovered that chocolate, sweets and chilli made mine flare up. Without these in my diet, I was quite good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.