Oral LP

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have started the supplements some of you have suggested.  I guess it will take a couple of months before I can tell a difference.  I am also doing something my dentist recommended.  I had to have 2 teeth pulled (a wisdom tooth and the one next to it) because the LP  had eaten down in my gum under my teeth and it was to the bone.  After pulling them or really cutting wisdom out he used syringes of Listerine (no alcohol ) and hydrogen peroxide to clean up the LP.  It felt wonderful.   He told me to get both and mix it and use it but I found Orajel antiseptic rinse and it has hydrogen peroxide.  This has helped tame down my raging LP much better than  Fluocinonaide gel and the Clobetasol gel.  If my LP is raging is burns like you know what but I keep using it when it starts and it feels so good!   Just thought someone might benefit from hearing that!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have a broken tooth - I think it's the one next to where a wisdom tooth was. My dentist referred me to an oral surgery several months ago but I never made the appointment because I have vulvar lichen planus and I just couldn't add another medical problem to deal with. I'm afraid of how they close the area when they pull what remains of the tooth.  Do they need to stitch up anything?  At least how did it go for you?  

• Posted

He put one stitch in where the wisdom tooth was but not for the one in front of wisdom tooth.  I did great!  Did not take any pain meds but Advil.  I had a broken tooth on the other side in back pulled a couple of years ago and it healed on its own.  He didn’t do anything to it after pulling but give me gauze to use til it stopped bleeding which it did within a couple of hours!   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.