Oral sex

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was wondering if anybody could let me know how easy it was to catching syphilis through me receiving oral sex and also when I should get tested. . This happened last night by the way 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

As saliva has some antiseptic properties, the risk is fairly low. If you ejaculated into his / her mouth, s/he is at more risk of catching something from you.
  • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated 
  • Posted

It's possible, but very rare, especially from the giver to the receiver.  Do you have any reason to think that your partner has syphilis though (or any other STI) ?

• Posted

I'm not sure about the man although he said he was tested about 3 weeks ago and everything came back fine and he showed me prep pills that he says he takes to reduce the risk of contracting anything. I've had syphilis before and got rid of it but didn't know I had it. Quick question though I'm keeping an eye on any symptoms that may appear, is it possible to get a syphilis chancre around the mouth even if you didn't give them oral 

• Posted

I believe chancres can form anywhere. If he had one in the mouth it could transmit to you but more especially if you kissed. However I suspect you are panicking somewhat?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.