Oral thrush and chronic ebv

Posted , 5 users are following.

I seriously cant stop crying and panicking. im 19 and ive had chronic ebv for a year and get sick when im stressed but i recently got oral thrush. im on a mouth wash my doctor called in but the only thing i see online is its related to cancer or HIV. if any one has any experience with oral thrush and ebv please calm my fears. i literally cant function. not sure if my health anxiety is getting the best of me i just dont see anything relating ebv and oral thrush.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have worked with many many hundreds of people who have had on-going troubles with EBV and glandular fever. One of things we expect to see (certainly from 12 months on) is some level of yeast overgrowth - its unusual not to see it to be honest - so for me to read you are troubled with oral thrush is not too unusual. Are you also struggling with any digestive disturbances / bloating? Have you taken many courses of antibiotics over your teenage years at all. Is your diet very high in sugar and processed food? Feel free to contact me directly if you wish - you can find me via one of my websites. If you Google 'Glandular Fever Help Services Gina Burton' you should be able to find me. Stress is of course the enemy of those who have on-going glandular fever / EBV troubles. Take care

• Posted

thank you for your response. that was comforting to hear. my anxiety gets the best of me and i start thinking i have something way worse than ebv. i have been on antibiotics many many times throughout my life. my last round being in may. i also have hashimotos from ebv so maybe that also plays a role into oral thrush. i need to stop reading online.. its crippling me thinking i have hiv since my ex cheated on me. its irritaional. ebv has taken contorl of my health and i get the weirdest symptoms. hoping this is one of them.

• Posted

EBV and oral thrush are not related, but from what I have read is that EBV/Mono go hand in hand with candida, yeast overgrowth. I have dealt with Candida for over a year now. My first symptom was oral thrush. I was prescribed antibiotics but didnt take them as it makes yeast grow more. Instead I have cut out excess sugar, carbs, and try to mantain a clean balanced diet. I eat raw coconut oil in every morning as it has many benefits, but its great for yeast overgrowth. I recently started swooshing coconut oil every morning as I frequently have bloody gums and bad breath which i suppose is from EBV. I noticed a difference after a few days and my oral health is much better now. I just turned 20 so I can understand your worries, but the only thing we can do it put forward effort to being healthy and resting as much as possible.

• Posted

okay that makes sense. looking online it says oral thrush is only due to a serious illness. i need to stop reading because im an awful hypocondriac. i know chronic ebv probably supresses the immune system. its kind of common sense. im glad yours resolved

• Posted

I completely understand as I am too. I suffer from PTSD and am constantly on edge about my symptoms or when I will finally feel like myself again. I have completely disassociated myself from searching up every little thing as terrible things tend to come up. Make being calm and healthy a priority and your health should start to improve

• Posted

me too. its been a rough year. cant wait for these health issues to be behind us!

• Posted

yes ive seen other posts so stop worrying . its candida and i had it a little in my mouth too with ebv . you need to cut meat dairy sugar wheat out of your diet for at least a week as thats what it feeds on . you can also buy a yeast cleanse supplement i use the SOLARAY one.

dont panic its very common and lots of people get it . your immune system is impaired right now so all kinds of things show up.

so sorry you are going through this horrible nightmare ... its gotta be the WORST thing weve all been through .

• Posted

thank you. this calmed me down a lot. ❤

• Posted

Oh Nicole,

I am definitely thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers right now. I am so sorry you have been going through this terrible stress and anxiety and worry, it really is a dreadful thing to go through I know from my own experience of worry about things too and what a terrible state I've been in at certain times too when starting to read things online and everything.

I really do want to reassure you Nicole that oral thrush can be something that is associated with normal infections, it doesn't in any way mean in the vast majority of cases anything more sinister or serious. It may well just be hard of the EBV / mono virus, a symptom of this, I think that can happen for sure. I do hope the doctor has been helpful and able to put your mind at rest, and maybe even they can do some blood tests to offer reassurance.

It's so hard not to worry or panic I know when things like this keep hitting you - I do understand Nicole and it sounds like you have been through so much this last year. I just want you to know that the symptoms of this virus, EBV, don't last forever and it certainly can be normal to take over a year for full recovery to happen. It was only into the second year I started to see a difference and it still took me time during that year to build strength up and get well, and have read so many stories of people who were unwell into the second year but improved during that year and made full recovery with time - you WILL get there Nicole and get over this and be fully well again I truly believe it I really really do. I will keep you in my prayers and just remember God knows the bigger picture and He is a good God and a healing God and is going to get you well again - I believe that 100%.

Remember and talk to someone you trust if you can about how you've been feeling Nicole. When you feel so overwhelmed and frightened it is the worst feeling in the world. Just remember in any times feeling like that, that this is temporary and it will pass over, and do speak out to yourself that you will get through this and be well again.

A dear friend sent me some Bible decrees to speak over myself a few years back when going through a tough time - they helped me so much Nicole and I just want to share one with you - this is something you can read aloud every day or every time you are feeling stressed or panicked, and even if you don't feel like it all you have to do is say it aloud and let God take care of the rest - He has done so much for me in my life through these words. Just speak out loud whenever you feel the need to:

"Lord, I am healed in the name of Jesus of Nazareth! I thank You that You sent Jesus to take my sins and sickness away on the cross. Lord, I am saved by the stripes of Jesus I am healed. I will prosper and be in perfect health today even as my soul is saved and prospers." (Matt 8:17, I Peter 2:24)

These really are powerful words and just speaking them over yourself can really bring about a massive change, through God. I have a full set of about 30 other decrees too and if you want them please just let me know and I can drop you a private message with them. God has got you Nicole He is looking after you and not going to let any harm come to you., I have faith in that.

Hoping you feel more settled today and remember message any time - this has been a horrible time but you WILL get better Nicole, just keep hanging on and just take deep breaths, even listening to relaxation apps or doing something to distract your mind if you can, even just for a little while, can be helpful. Thinking about you and remember don't hesitate to keep calling on the doctor and hoping they can really give you the right support, advice and reassurance. Message any time not feeling good Nicole, hope for a better day for you and be kind to yourself.

Craig

• Posted

you are so sweet. thank you so so much. i will work on managing my anxiety and my health. thank you for always being encourgaing and kind. ❤

• Posted

You are welcome Nicole, I just know and remember myself how horrible the worry and anxiety were during this virus too and just want to let you know that it does get better and you will get through it!! It just takes time Nicole and I know you must be so weary with this going on for over a year, but that is not abnormal in many people's recovery from this (including my own) I came to learn and God willing you won't have to go through anything like this last year again.

Hoping for a better and more settled weekend and do something nice for yourself - you've had a stressful time and you deserve something to do something you enjoy (that doesn't drain your energy too much of course) that helps destress a bit - even if it's just a very small thing at home or whatever. Thinking of you and remember you are going to get FULLY better, I truly believe that for you Nicole!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.