Orange oil :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi-

I've just finished my 1st week on orlistat and feel I've got on really well- however I went away for the weekend and even then was really good, but I had a coupla slices of cheese from the cheese board etc and now today I have had some of the horrible orange oil. sad

how long will this last for? sad I've put an extra large pad in my knickers as I'm at work but it's horrid sad definately a huge deterrant! So if someone could tell me how long it might last or any hints etc I'd be really grateful.

Thanks

kate x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate, sorry everyone is different and it does all depend on how your own body digests things. I have had the \"orange\" once and it only lasted for one toilet trip and then was just oil droplets after that for 2/3 toilet trips which isn't to bad but as I said it all depends on the person.
  • Posted

Thanks so much for this -

It wasn't terrible terirble, like you said it was droplets in the toilet but just isn't very nice is it?! I didn't have loads at the weekend as my friend cooked something different and low fat for me - but cheese is the worst isnt it! My own fault!

Thanks again,

Kate

• Posted

cheese is really a no no, even the low fat one's aren't that low fat. I've also found you can't be wheat free and low fat so you really do need to look at labels and take note of what you are having at meals.

If you are out and about and don't think you can keep within the fat restrictions then just don't take a tablet but really do try and not get into those situations very often.

Just treat this as a means to your goal and not a punishment, the odd missed pill here and there isn't really going to have much affect on the overall outcome as long as it is just the odd occasion

• Posted

I'm still trying to get my head around what's what with this whole experience. It's so difficult! Generally i've stuck a lot to salads (no dressings of course) with chicken or fish - homemade veggie soups etc.

You mentioned wheat - do you stay clear of wheat then? What about pasta? As thats what my friend had cooked for me on Friday with a piece of chicken with peppers....

So sorry for all the questions! I'm reallt grateful for your time smile

Kate

xxx

• Posted

we are trying to do a wheat free diet for my daughter (8yrs) as her stomacj extends so much as soon as she eats and we are looking at wheat as a cause. but finding it really hard to find wheat free stuff that isn't above the 5g's per 100 g's so at the moment buying 3 different lots of food.

My low fat.

Daughters wheat free

and then son's and hubbies food. (son 4yrs) doesn't eat a very varied diet and husband has a very sweet tooth and refuses to eat anything that has low or no fat on it :roll:

So no wheat free is not part of this diet but I was hoping I could of incorporated it into mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.