Orchiopexy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey,

im a 35 year okd male who always had a hogher right testicle than the left ... very noticable when aroused .. right testicle was almost stick to my shaft ... very uncomfortable during sex etc... and embarrassing.

i recently plucked up the courage to see my doc ... he confirmed it was a retractile testes ... fast forward a few weeks ... i had orchiopexy surgery last friday ..... i have a small wound on my pubic area and another small incision on my right testicle .... the thing is doesnt really look like much has changed to be honest .... it is very painful (feels like pulling) when i walk etc .... and its still very swollen and bruised especially on the inside ....

cant really talk to anyone about this so if anyone has had the surgery ... please cone say hi 😃

DANNY

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

update, So im about 2 weeks post surgery. healing up well ... just a little wound on my nut sack which is healing well .... so far so good i have an appointment with the surgeon on DEC 12th .... i will find out if it was a success.

• Posted

Hey Daniel

Just wondering how you're dealing with your testicle now? My consultant has said that I could get the orchiopexy surgery, though he would recommend that I don't as it's irreversible. Just wondering what your experiences of it was like now that a bit of time has passed?

A few questions if you don't mind:

1. Do you have any issues with being intimate or exercising now that the testicle can move more freely from your groin?
      2. What does it feel like when the scrotum scrunches up in the cold? Does the testicle move with it and does it feel normal?
      3. Have you had any issues with hernias? The consultant said that due to my above average levels of fitness and exercise, that I would be at a greater risk of developing a hernia in the groin due to the muscular weakness where cut into
      4. Is it as extreme a height difference as was explained to me that it would be? i.e. does it go from one testicle sitting higher than the other all the time to being noticable lower all the time? Does that cause you any functional issues?
      5. Lastly, would you recommend the surgery? Has it improved your situation that much that you would recommend that I get another surgery down there? Have you any warnings to give about it?

Hope all is well and hope to hear from you soon!

• Posted

Hi,

Just thought I'd reply on here, I don't (didn't) have retractile testes, however I did recently have an orchiopexy. I can try to answer some of these questions if it helps:

1. No, sex is totally fine (in anything more comfortable as my balls are really secure rather than flopping about all over the place). Haven't exercised yet, it's still a bit early for that I think (still healing).
      2. Feels totally normal, I'd actually say the difference is the other side of the equation - when I'm hot and my scrotum loosens, but balls sort of stay where they are rather than hanging lower. No issue for me though, just a changed I noticed, but totally comfortable.
      3. Hernias were not mention at any time when talking about my orchiopexy treatment, but I assume this has come up because they are entering your body through your stomach? My procedure was done via the scrotum. Maybe you could ask for this?
      4. I'm not sure I totally understand this question, as an orchiopexy is a fixation of the testes. I'm pretty sure they fixate both if they do this procedure, rather than just one, however I could be wrong about this. I had both of mine fixed, so they are the same height.
      5. It has only been two months since my surgery so it might be slightly early to say its been a 100% success as I'm still healing, however so far so good. Orchiopexy is actually a really simple procedure with a really high rate of success without complications and post-operation issues, so if you are suffering and this is a potential solution, the risk is low, so I'd recommend going for it.

Hope that helps. If not, maybe it will help someone else.

Thanks

Dan (but not the same Dan who originally posted).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.