Ordering a mobility car.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

As i am now in receipt of PIP for enhanced mobility i have decided to swap for a car, especially as i have my driving test in 3 weeks.

I have decided an Vauxhall Astra, i made an appointment with local Vauxhall garage for a Astra 1.4i SRI Automatic, got there and they had no automatics so a waste of time.

Another appointment has been made for next week but the person mentioned to me that the process will take 12 weeks! I was shocked by how long it will take. 

Has anyone has any experience with this?

Please let me know

Thank you

Regards

Natalie 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

The ordering process of a car from a dealer totally depends on your choice of car and what stock they have available at the time. Some dealers may have car in stock, or they could be awaiting delivery of that particular car. Some cars take just a couple of weeks, while others can take long. Mine took 2 weeks because the car i chose was waiting to be delivered. 12 weeks is a perfectly reasonable time and some people do wait longer than that. You could chose a different car and not have to wait as long. The choice is yours. It will be worth the wait. You'll continue to receive the mobility money until you sign for your car.

• Posted

Hi Natalie I am I ordered my car 20th March and it’s not due till 25th July ....it’s around  20 weeks I’ve also ordered a Vauxhall 
  • Posted

I had mine within 2 weeks, I chose a car that was on its way from factory in Sweden and was autimatic right colour and had already got the electric driver seat which means I can drive it because without that I wouldn't be able to drive her,, cost me £2 grand but their was and still isn't anything out their I can drive and get in and out of without pain which is stupid because it's supposed to be for disabled people, how does that work LOL so glad you will be Mobile at last,

• Posted

There's lots of small cars available similar to the Astra, maybe you can ring a few dealers to ask what small automatics they have in stock. If you're not too picky then this may work for you, rather than a choice that you have to wait a few months for.

Motability are usually very quick at sorting the paper work out once your car is in stock. You can then collect your car once they agree on a date with the dealers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.