Orgasms after Green Light Enucleation of the Prostrate

Posted , 8 users are following.

Recently has GLEP done on my slightly enlarged (benign) prostrate. ive resumes sexual activity and i have a couple of statements and questions for those who had a similar procedure - that is enucleation (not removal).

1. dear God, maybe its been a while but i am experiencing phenomenal orgasms, they've always been great but this is off the hook! have you?
  2. I was told in no uncertain terms that i would have retrograde ejaculation - i dont but what i do have is some urine in my ejaculate. I assume the increased pleasure is as a result of the increase in volume, but once I reach climax's doorstep and allow myself to orgasm the spasms are stronger than they have ever been in my life and ridiculously enjoyable.
  3. my flaccid is now very much more tumescent, and never is as it was previously.

I've read myriad posts about the effects, none of them speaking of sex directly or of good effects. i am happy with the procedure for its bladder sparing relief, but it would seem that other than the urine leak at orgasm i got the right side effects. ANYONE?

52 yr old, im very ohysically fit had a 42g prostrate orevious to enucleation.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey Rick

I'm very happy that you had a great out come with your surgery. But not all men have that same out come some are even sorry for having the surgery. You must have had a very good doctor. That does helps

I did read somewhere about the urine in the ejaculation. Which is the pressure. I think they also say that once the healing is over the urine should stop but everything else will stay the same.

I feel you were one of the lucky ones and your a better man then I. I would never have a procedure that cuts away at the prostate and take the chance of losing my ejaculation. I know they say that they are 2 separate functions but to me they go together. And retro sucks. That is why I had a Urolift when I was 58 and still doing good at 63

Heal Well & God Bless.............Ken

• Posted

Rick, you are very lucky indeed. I had UroLift surgery at age 52 and since my surgery I am no longer able to achieve erections. I am now 54 and the last 2 years of my life have been filled with resentment and regrets, I have been assured that the UroLift isn't causing the problem. But I was perfectly fine before the surgery with an awesome sex life. No one can figure out the problem after looking at everything from A to Z, so now my Urologist is wanting to send me to the Mayo Clinic to see if they can diagnosis what has caused my ED,

Count your blessings that you have a great surgeon and are experiencing ridiculously enjoyable orgasms.

Den

• Posted

Den

I am still very sorry that happen to you. I still have been doing some reading up on it. I hate to say this but your one of a kind. This is not a comfort but your the only case that this has happen to.

I still say something went wrong when he went in you. He had to have hit something. While I am writing you this. Have you had a scope done by any other doctor then the doctor that did the surgery.

I hope they find something that can help you.................Ken

• Posted

Gentlemen, my surgeon is one of the GLEP pioneers, Urolift is a different procedure. Based on the images he showed me he removed maybe 1/6th of my prostrate, specifically the median lobe. from what i understand Urolift is a stent type appliance that holds you open. My excess tissue was vaporized with a laser.

I am blessed with high testosterone levels - which could account for my success healing and achieving erections etc. Those of you that are having issues should look into your testosterone levels - I've always had a very high drive so I could not imagine things any other way. I have a minor medical degree and many years of interest and research into hormonal levels - I'm happy to share my experience and knowledge gained with anyone. I do my own labs and read and interpret them as well. I'm happy to suggest resources to those interested. Few docs understand the true effects of low testosterone and how it can lead to metabolic madness in men.

• Posted

Rick,

Does GLEP mean Green Light Ejaculation Preserving ?If so can you tell us where you had it done and by who ? Did insurance pay for it ? What anesthetic was used ? How long was the recovery ? Did you use a foley catheter after, or any other type of catheter ? You talked about the ejaculation function, but how did it affect you urinary function ?

Thomas

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

It does not 😃 It means Green Light Enucleation of the Protrate.

I'm in the US, i paid about $300 out of poket for the surgery, still need ot pay for the hospital and anesthesia - I stayed catherterized overnight - no idea what those charges will be.

I was induced with propofol, and kept induced with one of the modern -thanes (gas). My foley was in for 22 hours then removed when my urine turned light. I had to void 300mL + before release in one go with no measurement via ultrasound, which i did like a champ. I went overnight without pain meds and didn't require anything until day three when I popped some regular tylenol. I've been witouth painkiller since. I havent had to use a foley since surgery and hope not to have to again, it was pure anguish.

In short i p**s like a firehose now, didnt realize how much i'd been straining over the years I guess it just builds up. I'm still leaking a dot or urine or two unless I'm careful to remind myself to clamp down when my bladder is full. Now I reach the commode and the moment I unzip I start urintating almost without noticing I am.

The recovery is probably more than a year from what i read with function returning more and more every day. If i told you how many days I am post-op i think i'd get laughed out of the forum - lets just say I have exceeded the projected 4 week monk status by far....

• Posted

Dear Rick,

I'm taking you up on your offer: "I'm happy to share my experience ....."

My name is Alan, resident in Northeastern U.S.A., 83 yrs young, technical background in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science,

I suffer from Urinary Retention for which I practice Natural Voiding + Clean Intermittent Catheterization (CIC),, the cathing 3 times per day using Fr-16 straight hydrophilic catheters. No urological surgeries performed other than one Flexible Cystoscopy/ Urodynamic Assessment.

Use Private Message for your reply if you like. Regarding your own experience, a great performance, indeed!

1. Your sexual activity, with partner, solo, or these two mixed?

2. What are your physical/psychological stimulation(s)?

Warm regards, alan86734.

• Posted

I sent you this about an hour ago but I think it bombed. So if this comes as a repeat please disregard

alan86734.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.