ORIF surgery ankle.. popping noise?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, first time here so im unsure wether i have put this in the correct place. I had a biomalleolar fracture, both sides were broke and one was out of place. Had 3 screws on the displaced side and the other was left to heal naturally. I have just started walking without the boot and ive noticed a popping sound coming from the front of my leg at the bottom near the top of the foot

When i put my hand on it i can feel something "popping" in there... it is painless but the feeling of it popping with every step isnt very nice to say the least, has anyone experienced this before? many thanks 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

about over a month ago i had arthoscopic ankle ligament surgery and i went from nonweightbearing to a weightbearing cast and finally for mobility a boot and i hear popping sometimes but it hurts to move it and to put pressure on it but idk if the popping is normal after the 6th week of this kind of surgery so im just looking to see if thats normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.