Orilstat

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've been on orlistat for nearly a week now and I've had no weight loss. I have weighed myself and I've put on. Today is the 1st day I've had any side effects which aren't really that bad. I just wonder if someone could give me some advice pls. Thank you x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you're getting side effects it means yr eating too much fat and if u haven't lost any weight it's because you're taking in too many calories.

All these tablets do is rid any excess fat you consume. You still have to stick to a very low fat diet for the weight to come off. I was having nothing above 5g of fat per 100g and 1400 calories a day. Had no side effects and weight loss was between 3-5lb a week. Good luck

• Posted

I eat a very gd balanced diet and am in slimming world so I don't understand what is going wrong. I eat plenty of salads jacket potatoes pasta and fish. Could u tell me what eat whilst on orlistat pls x

• Posted

You say fish if it salmon and oily fish it contains too much fat even tho it's good fat. You shouldn't eat anything over 5g of fat per 100g. No cheese no fats no crisp even if low fat. Watch all cereal bars too. Good luck

• Posted

Yes it is salmon that I've been eating. Oh god u can't eat much then can u really. Thank u.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.