Orilstat

Posted , 2 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can help me I've been on orilstat for nearly four weeks now and haven't lost anything. Am I doing it wrong. I thought you were supposed to avoid fatty food and eat healthy which I am going. So obviously I've had no accident or oily stool. Am I meant to be eating fatty foods is that we're I am going wrong? I am also disabled so struggle to exercise apart from swimming. We don't have a local pool and it's so expensive to join a gym just to swim. Please someone help. Thank you sue

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

No is the answer, you are doing nothing wrong. It sounds as if your diet is pretty good , it is to be expected that the lower your consumption is of oils and fats , the less effect taking Orilstat will have. Hope this makes sense. For those who find it hard to exclude the oils and fats from their diet Orilstat  will have  more of the usual side effects and potentially greater weight loss. If as seems in your case you are eating a low fat diet then you may not benefit from Orilstat. I would say give it another month and if no improvement then probably you should stop taking the meds and re-discuss with your doctor. Don try to put fat back into you diet thought, that would be a backward step.  As far as exercise is concerned you have to understand that whilst everyone is different, it is generally accepted that daily exercise will only effect about 20 pct of your potential to loose weight , the other 80 pct is diet. Of course there are numerous other health and well being reasons for exercising so it is always recommended but they key factor in loosing weight will always be diet. I assume you also trying to watch the carbs and sugars as they all play their part. Balanced eating is the key.  If swimming / aqua exercise  is difficult to arrange once again chat to your doctor who may be able to arrange a one off consultation with a personal trainer who can access your situation and recommend some non - gym exercises  that you might be able to cope with as part of your daily routine.(in the UK this is sometimes possible on the NHS)  Whatever you do don't give up, you have taken a major step in recognising you need to shed some weight and you are watching your diet. this is  a great start, well done. You just need to seek out some further advice to help and support you on your journey. All the best to you.

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply. One thing has been cleared up I was looking for something fatty to eat as that where I thought I might be going wrong. I thought maybe eating fish and chips every night would help (only joking) but thank you for putting everything in perspective for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.