Orilstat Still

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on Orilstat for 2 months with no side affects. I haven't changed my diet nor my limited exercises  but in the last couple of weeks every stool and water is very red. Is this the 'oily' part I was warned about and why now?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The oily part I would describe as an orange colour, rather than red. Also it actually LOOKS like an oily liquid next to your stools. Have you lost any weight? I was on it years ago, and like you didn’t change my diet. Side effects happened immediately. I lost weight, but very slowly. Couple of pounds a month?

This last year, I decided to take it again, as I had regained some of the weight. It hasn’t done a thing. No side effects, no weight loss. I have stopped occasionally then tried again. Still nothing. I think they have changed the ingredients. Some people say it works, but I’m wondering if that’s simply down to dieting? I’ve thrown enough money away this year on them. Going to admit defeat, and just hope that maybe one day they’ll go back to the original formula.

I think maybe you should use with caution, as it sounds like it could be blood you are seeing, if it’s very red. But obviously I’m not a Dr! 

• Posted

No I haven't lost any weight! I got disapointing. I know I eat a good diet and although I don't exercises I do walk.  I would love to be more motivated and self discipline to do my own yoga. I did yoga for 20 tears. But you could be right. 

• Posted

i hvnt had much luck still with orlistat. but when i took it years back, i had orangey oil in my stool esp after having fatty foods. so maybe it is possible that that is what you are experiencing. maybe this ‘assumed’ new formula takes a while to kick in, i have been on it for a month but no such incident thus far.
  • Posted

If stools are red, it means they are bloody, this is because of food intake or high dosage of medications that help you lose weight. Lower the dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.