Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, need a Orlistat buddy for encouragement?

Only started today, GP didnt give me much information and from reading some posts here they have really helped.

Starting Weight: 11st 2lb

Height: 5ft

Thank you smile

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi! I'll be your buddy, could use one myself. I have been on Orlistat for 9 days now, i actually feel lighter but my scales seem to say one minute that i have lost 5lbs, then say i've lost nothing if i weigh myself 5 minutes later...think i may need new scales! Am going to he gym now so will weigh myself there. I have 3 stone to lose (well, 4 to be really happy!) how about you? Good luck with it and keep me posted!

Lucy x

• Posted

thanks,

Would be nice to lose 2 1/2 but 1 will be great at moment - just cant fit into any of my clothes now. Gave up smoking and put on a stone or so and just cant shift it. I eat ok but snacking is bad. Started off good today, so take each day as it comes. Have a good time at gym - im at work till 2.45pm then school run!!!

Thanks again, speak soon

• Posted

Hi Millie,

Welcome to the orlistat family. We are all buddies for each other so you should find plenty of support.

New Mummy, try putting a wooden board under the scales as you weigh lighter and more consistently if yr not on carpet.

Work through the side effects, avoid the fats and you will see a difference.

LellyM (8 stn to lose; 1.5 gone so far)

• Posted

Well second day today, no side effects so far - but very bloated is that right or should I be drinking more water?

smile

• Posted

I am on day 11.....GP review in 2 weeks....

Good luck smile

• Posted

hi just started pill after a brake from them

lost approx 2 stone

put back on about 6 lb in last few months

but not been exercising due to bad back

doctor gave no real help

so i to could do with support

what diet plan are you following ?

where are you from

i am in a village in hertfordshire

i have 8 stone plus to lose am 5feet 4 inch

• Posted

Morning all,

Day 4 - nothing to report, still bloated, drinking more water and still constipated!!!!

Dont feel any lighter but will keep going - got a month yet to first weigh in.

xx

• Posted

Hi, Well i am at the end of week 2 now and think i have lost 6lbs (still got broken scales, and also the gym have got rid of theirs so cant double check!) Seems to be going ok, am getting very bored of eating the same few things but no side effects thank god!

I'm going on holiday in 5 weeks so may be able to dig that bikini out after all...just need a cure for stretch marks now haha!

How are you getting on Millie? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.