Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been taking Orlistat for 2 weeks now and I've seen no weight loss? How long does it take before you see any change in weight? I really hoped these would help with my baby weight I gained during my pregnancy. I need to lose 2 stone. help!!,

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Orlistat is not a miracle pill.

I have lost weight because I attend a Gym and work out hard. I was put on Orlistat because I have found it hard to lose weight. The reasons I don't lose it is because I still ate the wrong foods.

I have been on them for around two months, I have yet to experience anything My GP told warned me about. I do now eat the right foods, I do not eat Sweet stuff anymore, I have a carrot instead of a Biscuite or tinned fruit, I also eat Porrige or Shredded wheat for Breakfast every morning. What I do enjoy is Beer, I have cut it down but I still enjoy my real ales.

Just be careful what you eat and believe me weight will drop off you. I have not lost much weight but I have lost over four inches from my waist. Whether it's the tablets or just my training sessions, Orlistat is a deterent from the fatty foods sold in the suprmarkets.

Kind regasrds Denn

• Posted

Hi Denn,

thank you you so much for your response.

I have have been cutting down my pregnancy waY of eating, and have had hardly any side effects due to keeping the fat down. It's weird as I haven't seen any change on the scales but I have got back into my jeans ( although they're still very tight) which really made me feel good!

maybe I need to be more patient. Hopefully I will see more of a difference in a few weeks. Unfortunately I don't belong to a gym but I'm very active, I work and I have 3 kids to run around after. How much weight have you lost so far? Have you got much more to lose? I'm so happy they're working for you and you have really motivated me so thank you!

xx

• Posted

My weight loss is very slow. I have been on this tablet for 8 weeks, and have lost 5kg. I stick to the low fat, in fact only have about 12g of fat a day, I use the 'my fitness pal' phone app to record everything. I have never had any problems so know I am eating right, but it is incredibly slow compared to what some people lose. I don't do any exercise at the moment as I have a slipped disc with sciatica so I am relying on diet alone. Measure yourself, because you can lose inches and not weight. I have lost 25cm all over from the various places I measured so that's encouraging. I seem to stay on the same weight for 2 weeks and then it slowly drops, then stop for 2 weeks again!! I  have been on the verge of giving up the tablets as I am paying so much for them and I wonder if I could lose the same weight just doing the diet. But the pills do stop you from having anything too fatty as you don't want the side effects so I guess even the psychological side of it is worth the cost! 5kg down, only 20 kg more to go haha! Omg, that's another40 weeks!! Hang in there, I will if you do!
  • Posted

Hi, all the tablets do it stop you from eating fatty foods as you get such awful side effects. You have to do all the hard work of dieting and excercise!! They do nothing else. I lost 5 stone in 6 months but ate low fat, plenty of fruit veg and salad. Went on the cross trainer everyday and totally cut out out all the nice stuff. It will come off but u have to work hard at it. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yeah, I'm a young 59 year old weighing in at 17 stone.  I have always been a large guy mainly due to playing Rugby. I only weigh 2 stone heavier than I was when I played my last game. Problem is, the muscle has returned to fat and I also have two bad knees that prevent  me from applying my trade as a plasterer. I now work part time in an office which allows time to visit the gym.

I lost 9 kilograms which is over a stone but the best thing is I now can wear trousers that I have not wore for over ten years. The office job was my downfall, after retiring from plastering my weight increased at an alarming rate and only on a rare visit to my GP did he reccomend these Orlistat tablets.  When he outlined the side effects it made me think twice but I did accept after he told me I did need to lose weight. You do listen and take advice as such from your GP.

Sincerely hope all goes well but please refrain from eating cheese and pastry foods. I loved pies and cheese. I no longer eat these which can only have been a good thing. My love for curries also ceased, I make my own which has hardly any fat in it.

Denn

• Posted

thank you so much to all of you for all the encouragement and advice! I will stick with it and be very disaplined. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.